Cleveland Public School Business Manager
The Cleveland School District is seeking an energetic, enthusiastic individual to serve as Business Manager for the district. The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting. However, the district will consider candidates with 3-5 years’ experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or business management. For additional information about the position and our school, contact us at 507-484-1300 or by email at email@example.com .
Start date: Training and transition can start as early as March, with an official start date of July 1st, 2020.
Salary: Negotiable based on experience. 260 Day Salary Contract
Benefit Package Includes: Health Contribution, 403B, Vacation, Personal Days, 10 Paid Holidays and Sick Leave.
Position Posted Until Filled. Applications will be reviewed starting February 24th, 2020.
To be considered for the position, please submit an online application or mail a packet consisting of a cover letter, resume, unofficial college transcripts, and three reference letters (within the last 12 months) to:
Cleveland Public School
P.O. Box 310
Cleveland, MN 560173
Attn: Brian J. Phillips, Superintendent
Detailed Job Description
TITLE: Business Manager
ORGANIZATION: Cleveland Public School, District #391
REPORTS TO: Superintendent
- Ensure that the accounting procedures within the school system meet all federal, state and local requirements.
- Responsible for all account payable functions, reporting procedures and processes
- Develop monthly and annual financial reports.
- Develop, oversee, and implement revenue and expenditure budgets for all funds.
- Monitor all purchase orders for proper coding according to budget.
- Manage grants and reserve funds for proper coding and spending.
- Update, monitor and reconcile SERVES, SEDRA and UFARS expenses to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor and reconcile MVED reporting.
- Responsible for all account receivable functions, reporting procedures and processes.
- Analyzes cash flow and investment requirements, needs, and obligations and recommends or makes investment selections.
- Maintain Fixed Assets according to the GASB#34 requirement.
- Responsible for all payroll functions, reporting procedures and processes.
- Responsible for all new employee background checks and orientation.
- Responsible for recording and tracking leaves.
- Acts as STAR Coordinator to ensure accurate staff reporting to Minnesota Department of Education.
- Ensure Worker’s Compensation claims and OSHA reporting are completed correctly.
- Acts as Local Collaborative Time Study Recorder to ensure timely reporting.
- Work with Superintendent and School Board on establishing negotiation information for both union contracts and at-will contracts.
- Responsible for all personnel contract and work agreement preparation.
- Prepares financial records for the annual audit as required by state law.
- Works with Superintendent and local agent to maintain liability and property insurance programs.
- Assists Transportation Director with transportation functions and reporting procedures.
- Assists Superintendent with directing office personnel to effectively manage daily operations of the District.
- Attend Finance, Payroll and School Board meetings as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned. 12/5/2019
to apply click below:
Substitute Teacher and Substitute Paraprofessional Positions Emplyoment Opportunities
Cleveland Public School has partnered with Teachers On Call to fill our Substitute Teacher & Substitute Paraprofessional positions. Please visit www.teachersoncall.com
Apply Now to complete an online application for employment, or don’t hesitate to contact TOC directly at (800) 713.4439 with questions and for more information.
If you are already employed by Teachers On Call in a surrounding area district, please contact them for access to Cleveland Public School. You need not reapply.